PAT Training Course (1 day)
- "Very approachable trainer, good layout of day. Good transfer of knowledge."
- "The presentation was excellent and materials used on practical demonstration was adequate. I will recommend to friends."
- "Very happy with the day and it was put across very well, thanks."
- "Great sandwiches"
Availability: Seats available
Ships today if ordered in the next 12 hours and 8 minutes!
When the latest edition of the IET Code of Practice was published, there were several changes and recommendations in the way PAT testing should be carried out. Our one day PAT training course is in accordance with the latest IET Code of Practice and has been tailored to ensure you gain real world practical experience as well as the general knowledge required.
Starting at 9:30am, through to 4:00pm, our PAT Training course covers the following key subjects:
- Why the need to PAT test (Electricity at work regulations, 1989)
- Who is responsible?
- A risk based approach
- Different classes of appliance
- What appliances should be tested
- Calculating the frequency of test & inspection
- What tests need to be carried out
- The test process
- How to interpret the test results
- Maintaining accurate records
- Practical inspection & test
Our practical session is carried out under supervision of the trainer and features a range of both 240V and 110V appliances, using standard PAT testers provided by us. During this session you will determine a pass or fail and record your results.
Each delegate is issued with a copy of the Martindale Illustrated Guide to PAT Testing and certificate upon completion.
Lunch and general refreshments are provided on the day.
PAT Training courses are held at our dedicated training facility in Watford, where we have ample free parking available on site. The address is:
Unit 12, Imperial Park
We are within minutes of the M1 J5, M25 J19 & mainline rail station (Watford Junction).
We can also accommodate training at your premises for up to 10 people. Please contact us on 01923 442244 for more information or to book a course.
Next Available Dates
- Friday 21st February 2020 - Limited seats available
- Wednesday 11th March 2020 - Few seats available
- Thursday 26th March 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 17th April 2020 - Seats available
- Wednesday 29th April 2020 - Seats available
- Tuesday 12th May 2020 - Seats available
- Thursday 28th May 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 12th June 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 26th June 2020 - Seats available
- Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 24th July 2020 - Seats available
- Wednesday 5th August 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 21st August 2020 - Seats available
- Tuesday 15th September 2020 - Seats available
- Tuesday 29th September 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 9th October 2020 - Seats available
- Wednesday 28th October 2020 - Seats available
- Thursday 12th November 2020 - Seats available
- Friday 27th November 2020 - Seats available
- Tuesday 15th December 2020 - Seats available
What is the need for PAT Testing?
While there is no “legal requirement to carry out PAT testing, legislation states that electrical equipment must be regularly maintained so as to prevent injury or death. PAT testing is a good way to check & maintain appliance safety.
In order to carry out PAT testing competently, the IET Code of Practice makes two recommendations: “The test operative should be competent to inspect and test an item of equipment and, based on the results and upon the conditions in which it is being used, state that the equipment is safe or otherwise for continued use. Training and experience will both be necessary.”
What qualification do you need to PAT Test?
There is currently no requirement to hold a formal qualification, such as City & Guilds, in order to carry out PAT testing. What is important is that the training you have is sufficient to ensure you have a good grasp of the knowledge and practical skills to test and interpret the results.
Can I get training on my own PAT?
Yes, our staff have a wealth of knowledge of various makes of PAT tester. If you bring your own equipment along and need some extra training in how to use it, we can provide this during the practical session. All we ask is that you advise us beforehand so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Why Choose Instrotech
With over 30 years experience in the test equipment industry, Instrotech has a well established reputation for the quality of our training courses, as well as assisting customers in choosing the right equipment. We have carried out training for many large organisations including Cancer Research, Virgin Active, EDF Energy and many more.
|Manufacturer Part Number||TRAINB|