Martindale EZ365 - Socket, Earth Loop & RCD Tester
- Quick & easy testing of polarity, loop impedance and RCDs (30mA)
- Red/Green LEDs and buzzer indicate 28 fault conditions
- Non-trip earth loop impedance test
- Incoming supply polarity swap touch test (L-NE reversal)
- RCD trip test
Availability: Available for pre-order (due early 2020)
In addition to detecting 28 socket wiring fault conditions and checking mains voltage levels, the EZ365 verifies the earth wiring by carrying out a non-trip earth loop test and indicating its value in 6 discrete ranges from less than 1.7Ω to 500Ω.
A low earth resistance is essential for safety disconnection devices to work properly and prevent electrocution when faults occur. In contrast basic socket testers only indicate the presence of an earth and will do so even when resistance values are dangerously high.
Socket polarity and earth wiring faults are identified by a combination of red LEDs. The 3 LEDs correspond to neutral, earth and live connections to aid fast identification of the source of common faults. A look up chart on the tester provides further fault diagnosis.
The EZ365 also has the capability to check for L-NE polarity swap at the incoming supply and can be used to trip test 30mA RCDs. The polarity swap test detects a serious fault condition that cannot be identified by normal socket testers and is easily activated by using the touch pad on the EZ365.
The EZ365 is an Advanced Socket Tester as defined by the Health & Safety Executive as it indicates earth loop impedance. Advanced Socket Testers offer a simple solution to verifying socket earthing and are commonly used by engineers and technicians prior to servicing and installing mains powered electrical and gas appliances.
Key Test Features:
- Indicate functional socket: Yes
- Detect line/neutral reversal: Yes
- Detect presence of earth: Yes
- Audible indication: Yes
- Mains voltage check: Yes
- Earth loop impedance range: Yes
- Polarity swap touch test: Yes
- 30mA RCD trip check
- Nominal operating voltage: 230V AC rms
- Operating frequency: 50Hz
- Power consumption: <2.5W
- Power: from mains socket under test
- Non-trip earth loop impedance ranges: 0 – 1.7 – 5 – 10 – 100 – 200 – 500Ω
- Earth loop threshold accuracy: ± (10% + 0.3Ω) *
- Voltage low indication: <195V ± 5%
- Voltage high indication: >270V ± 5%
- Earth neutral voltage high indication: >30V nominal
- Open earth indication: >500Ω ± 10%
- RCD test current: at 195V 30mA
- Duration of RCD test current: 300ms
- Polarity reversal test: L-NE swap at incoming supply
- Dimensions: 65 x 80 x 59mm
- Weight: 93 g approx
- Temperature: (Operating & Storage) -10°C to 40°C, at max. 60% RH
- Altitude: up to 2000m
- Pollution degree: 2
- Safety: Conforms to BS EN 61010-1, CAT II 300V, Class II, double insulation
- EMC: Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
* Measurement accuracy can be affected by highly inductive or capacitive loads distributed on the supply.