Instrotech Code: MEGOTS80PB - £5,879.00
The Megger OTS80PB is the latest portable oil test set design from Megger.
This is the lightest portable unit in the world, and can be configured to your specification when ordering. The method or procedure for testing the dielectric strength of insulating oil is set out in a number of international or national standards. Although many of these standards are similar, the main differences are in what shape electrodes are specified, whether the oil is stirred during the test and the vessel capacity.
The Megger OTS80PB has been designed to perform breakdown detection in terms of both voltage and current, which helps the range to comply with any future changes or developments in oil test standards.
Changes in test standards
A unique feature of the Megger OTS80PB is that it provideds custom test sequences, with the enhanced ability to download new standards from the Megger website and load them onto the instrument using a USB stick.
Oil sample temperature
the IEC and derived standards specify that the temperature of the oil sample must be 20°C +/- 5°C, the reason for this is that the breakdown voltage can vary considerably with change of temperature mainly due to oil cellulose content.
In order to help you comply with the temperature specification, the Megger OTS80PB has automatic temperature measurement and recording built-in.
Key Features of the Megger OTS80PB Oil Test Set
- 80kV portable oil test set with 400ml vessel
- Precision locakble electrode gap adjustment
- Configurable to your specification
- High tech, impact resistant test vessel with pourer spout, fill level and cover
- Unique test chamber drain for oil spilt
- Automatic oil temperature measurement
- Direct output voltage or current breakdown detection
- Colour TFT display with easy menu navigation
- Advanced result storage including USB stick
Prices may vary depending on the model ordered, please contact us on 01923 442244 for a formal quotation.